Position Title: Senior UX Designer
Reports To: Director of Product Management
Location: Vancouver BC
Employment: Full Time
We are on a mission to minimize humankind’s impact on the climate. We do this by turning renewable energy data into action. We have global growth across 15 countries and 4 continents, with growth of 300% per year. Founded in Canada we are continuously expanding our global footprint with team members located in North America, Europe, and South America.
Guided by our core values, we are passionate, excited, and determined to fulfill our mission!
About the role:
As the first-ever Senior UX Designer at Clir, you will have the opportunity to bring our valued product and service to a new level. Your experience in design, ability to create design practices from the ground up, and passion for making sure every release of our product is usable and valuable for our customers will be your focus.
- Passionate about our core values (Communication, Sustainability, Inclusion, Impact, and Innovation)
- Experienced in building design practices and mentoring others to learn and apply them
- Exceptional understanding of human-centered design principles with the ability to apply that approach to problem-solving
- Confident in your experience with user research, usability testing, interaction design, UI design, wireframing, prototyping, and overall visual direction with a portfolio of professional experience showing this
- Self-motivated (needs minimal direction), and excited to build products working with business and technical disciplines
What you’ll be doing:
- Customer discovery to uncover new insights and opportunities, finding ways these can be shared with the whole company
- Rapid prototyping and validation to bring ideas to life so we can refine and/or pivot quickly
- Regularly evaluate the overall customer experience using qualitative and quantitative data to track how we are doing and uncover areas to improve
- Lead collaborative design efforts such as organizing and running idea sessions, producing vision videos, storyboarding, brainstorming, building user scenarios, and developing concept sketches
- Work closely with product and dev to translate design requirements and keep the customer at the forefront throughout the delivery process
- Conduct usability assessments of the product so we have confidence our product is intuitive and feedback insights to Product and the Technology Team
- Work alongside Development and Product to implement designs in a way that makes sense to the business
What you’ll need:
- Passion, creativity, communication, curiosity, trust, and determination
- A degree in Design, Computer Science or in-depth experience with a minimum of 5 years in a UX role and a minimum of 2 years in a Senior or Lead UX role
- Proficiency with industry-standard design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Abstract, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working in an agile environment with understanding and experience working closely with technical teams
- Inquiry and listening skills, with an appreciative and collaborative approach to design
- Ability to describe user-value and user-needs to a wide variety of audiences including senior leadership
- Experience working with researchers, product managers, developers, and other designers who are aligned to execute on medium complexity problems.
- Front-end development Proficiency
- Experience in the renewable energy industry
- Background in data visualization
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to work in an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Be part of a team who are focused on reducing our impact on the environment
- A chance to grow your skills and career alongside a supportive team of mentorship-focused developers
- Medical insurance & dental care
- Professional development benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home friendly
At Clir Renewables, diversity and inclusion are not words we take lightly. These are words we take to heart, we drive to better understand our biases, and recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by October 30, 2020.
We would like to thank all the applicants, in advance, for your interest in our company, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org