Clir Renewables is a renewable energy AI software company whose industry-leading cloud-based tools help asset managers and owners maximize production, and give owners clarity on performance. The founding team and many early staff members worked at notable consultancies and wind farms. After repeatedly witnessing the same issues they decided to create an innovative software solution. With their expertise in renewable energy, the Clir team built a unique optimization tool. Working with renewables for years our analysts understand the way assets function, the key issues, and what needs to be done to improve performance. In just one year Clir has created a software with algorithms to pinpoint underperformance and use AI to communicate the detections. We have also created the Clir Data Exploration Environment, a data visualization tool to quickly demonstrate the findings that Clir’s Software detects.
If you want to make a dent in the universe, you need to hire the very best people at what they do. That’s why at Clir Renewables, we don’t just hire remotely–we also hire by potential. We believe if you invest in others, they will strive to do their best work. Not because they’re paid to do so, but because they are passionate about what they do. We strongly believe that a diverse team and an inclusive work culture are crucial parts of creating a successful company, and we want to create an environment where everyone can thrive. At the core of our company, we are advancing the conjoined progression of technology and sustainability. We are visionists dedicated to making a positive impact and improving our triple bottom line. Working towards a work culture that puts an equal value to people, planet, and profit.
Inclusion and diversity is one of our core values at Clir Renewables. We want to be a part of driving the change in the tech industry and shifting to a more inclusive culture. We believe that having different backgrounds, experiences and cultures in our team will bring more views to the table, in turn helping us be more creative and innovative.
At Clir Renewables we not only want to build the best renewable energy software on the market, but we also want to build a company that has a positive impact on the world. We are forward thinkers who plan to revolutionize how the renewable energy industry operates. These five values guide our strategy.
- We are concise and articulate in speech and writing.
- We listen well and seek to understand before reacting.
- We maintain calm poise in stressful situations to draw out the clearest thinking.
- We adapt our communication style to work well with people from around the world who may not share our native language.
- We provide candid, timely feedback to colleagues.
- We accomplish amazing amounts of important work.
- We demonstrate consistently strong performance so colleagues can rely upon us.
- We make our colleagues better by working as a team.
- We focus on results over process.
- We collaborate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- We nurture and embrace differing perspectives to make better decisions.
- We focus on talent and our values, rather than a person’s similarity to yourself.
- We are curious about how our different backgrounds affect us at work, rather than pretending they don’t affect us.
- We recognize we all have biases, and work to grow past them.
- We intervene if someone else is being marginalized.
- We create new ideas that prove useful.
- We re-conceptualize issues to discover solutions to hard problems.
- We challenge prevailing assumptions, and suggest better approaches.
- We keep nimble by minimizing complexity and finding time to simplify.
- We thrive on change.
- We minimise the effects of humankind on the climate.
- We act in an environmentally friendly manner.
- We actively promote sustainability and social responsibility.
- We call out unnecessary waste wherever it is found.
The People Behind Clir
Gareth has over a decade of experience leading identification, development, construction, financing and operation of renewable energy assets for a world leading renewable energy technical consultancy. He is an entrepreneur, chartered engineer with the IMechE, and has degrees in mathematics and mechanical engineering.
Jake is a seasoned business development professional with over eight years of end to end management of wind, solar and natural gas plant development. He drives value by using both his extensive industry experience and significant network within the utility sector to find and execute opportunities.
John is a software expert with over twenty-five years’ experience across all aspects of technical project management. He successfully led an internet software company through the dot-com boom and since then has guided technical teams through periods of high growth while preserving hardworking startup culture.
Director of Finance
Myra is an accountant who worked in the KPMG public assurance practice primarily with clients in the technology sector. She worked in private practice with a cloud-based customer intelligence company closely with the executive finance team for North America, European and Asian subsidiary operations. Myra holds a Bachelors of Commerce from UBC and a CPA, CA designation.
Director of Business Development
Craig has over six years experience in the renewable energy industry and most recently led a world-leading renewable energy technical consultants Optimisation and Control service line. To date, Craig has been involved in more than 50 wind farm optimization projects across Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
Director of Data Science
Andrew is a PEng from a major global consultancy and has taken on a wide variety of roles during his career including project engineer, energy analyst, modeling specialist and project manager. In recent times he has undertaken performance analytics across Vestas, Siemens, GE, Suzlon and Siemens wind turbine technology.
Join Our Team
Want to do work that matters? We’re changing the way renewable energy is functioning, improving capabilities and furthering clean energy. Join us today to become a part of something greater than yourself.
Ready to see the improvements Clir can make for your business?
News, insights and updates from Clir.
We would love to hear from you.
Book a demo by emailing us at
2021 Columbia Street
Vancouver, BC V5Y 3V6
2 West Regent Street
Glasgow, G2 1RW
© 2018 by Clir. All rights reserved.